- 1lb - chicken
- 1cup -Basmati Rice
- 2tsp - Biriyani Masala(I used Shan Chicken Biriyani masala)
- 1Cup - Onion(Cut lenghtwise)
- 1/4Cup - Fried Onions
- 1Cup - Tomato
- 1Cup - Corriander-Mint leaves
- 1tsp - Ginger-garlic paste
- Whole Garam masala(2-cloves,1inch-cinnamon stick,1-Bay leaves,2-cardamoms)
- 1/2tsp -Turmeric Powder
- Red chilli Powder - as required
- 1tsp - Aniseed(sombu)
- 2tsp - Curd
Clean the chicken and marinate with salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder n curd,keep aside for 30mins.
soak the Basmati rice for 20 mins.
Cook the rice in rice cooker n keep aside.Dont over cookFor 1Cup rice add l Cup water.If you dont have rice cooker,use a big pan to cook the rice on stove top.dont over cook.
In a kadai,heat oil(6-8tsp),add whole garam masala,aniseed,onions, n fry till it turns transparent.Add Ginger-Garlic Paste,n fry for a min.Add Tomatos,when oil oozes out, add corriander-mint leaves n stir for few mins.
Add Red chilli powder n Biriyani masala n mix well.Now add the marianeted chicken n mix well with the gravy,Cover n cook till the chicken oozes some water n oil.
Add 1/2Cup Water n bring it to boil.
Now mix the rice with Gravy in a low flame n Granish with fried onions n Corriander leaves.
Serve hot with onion/cucumber raitha.