- 1cup - Raw Rice
- 1/2cup - Thoor dhal
- 1onion - Medium size(finely chopped)
- 1tomato - Medium size(finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp - Asafoetida
- ¼ tsp -Turmeric powder
- 2cups - Mixed Vegetables (carrot,beans,potato,drumsticks,brinjal,peas etc as per your wish,more veggies give more taste)
- 4nos - Garlic
- 1no - Green chilli (to taste-Optional)
- 1 1/2tsp - Sambar Powder ( i normally use Sakthi masala powder)
- Tamarind – 1 small lemon size
- Salt - As required
- 6tsp - Ghee
- 1/4 cup - Coriander leaves.
- 2tsp-Channa dhal
- 2tsp - Thoor dhal
- 1tsp - Urad dhal
- 2tsp - Corriander seeds
- 1tsp - cumin seeds
- 1 inch - Cinnamon
- 3nos - Cloves
- 1/2tsp - Pepper
- 1/2tsp - Aniseeds
- 5nos - Curry leaves
- 3tsp - Grated Coconut
- 3nos - Dry red chillies
- 1/2tsp - Mustard seeds
- 1/2tsp - Urad dhal
- 6nos - Curry leaves
- 3tsp - Oil
Pressure cook the Toor dhal with turmeric powder and keep it aside.
In a cooker add the onion,suate till its transparent,now add the tomatos,mixed vegetables,garlic and green chillies along with sambar powder and Asafoetida,mix it well.
Now add the rice along with 4cups of water.when the rice is cooked 3/4th add the dhal,salt and the grineded paste,tamarind juice,ghee and mix well.
Close the lid and cook for few minutes till the rice gets cooked.
In a kadai heat oil,put mustard seeds,urad dhal and curry leaves,when they spluter put on the top of the rice and Granish with corriander.
It goes good with onion raitha.